Summer is just around the corner, and that means warmer temperatures (yes even warmer than the current temps)! While there are many fun things to do during the summer, you probably agree that sitting around inside with no air conditioning isn’t one of them.
If your home air conditioner hasn’t had a check-up yet this year, now is the time to schedule it. You don’t want to wait until the middle of summer and risk your A/C unit breaking down when simple maintenance could have kept it running smoothly.
What Is an Air Conditioner Check-Up?
An annual air conditioner check-up consists of an air conditioning technician coming to your home to inspect and give your A/C system a proper “check-up”.
According to Home Advisor,
“An air conditioner check-up is an important part of making sure you get long-lasting, and efficient performance from your air conditioner, as is knowing which services to insist on when your technician arrives. Here’s a short checklist of common maintenance procedures your HVAC contractor should include with a routine maintenance call:
- Check for proper refrigerant levels. Low levels indicate a leak that needs to be found and repaired immediately. Low refrigerant levels can burn out your compressor, resulting in the most costly repair when it comes to A/C, period.
- Check all electrical components and controls to make sure they’re working properly.
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils. Dirty evaporators and coils reduce the energy efficiency and cooling ability of your unit.
- Oil motors as needed.
- Calibrate thermostat to make sure your A/C isn’t working overtime.
- Check the condenser for any possible problems.
- Check, clean, and/or replace filters. An annual air conditioner check up is the easiest way to keep your air conditioner in top condition for years to come. To ensure you’ll get worry free, and money saving, performance from your A/C, schedule a regular maintenance call today.”
That's a long list!
Do I Need an Air Conditioner Check-Up?
You may be asking if you really need an air condioner check-up. Well, it’s like maintenance on your car…you could try and push it a while without an oil change or other required maintenance, but it will eventually backfire – often in a big way.
Sometimes, if an issue with your air conditioner is found early it can be a simple fix. If it goes on too long the problem could become much more expensive and in depth to repair. So, at Experts In Your Home we say yes, you need to maintain your home A/C system regularly. We’re happy to help with this maintenance task, our licensed technicians can give your unit a comprehensive “check-up” and make sure it’s ready for the warm summer season.
Looking for more? Check out our blog "Will an Air Condioning Service Company Fix any AC Brand?"