Look to The Hignell Companies for Your New Home Construction Needs
[fa icon="calendar"] September 22, 2021 / by Home Services Expert
As you consider the prospect of designing and building a new home, you probably know that you're about to embark on the journey of a lifetime.
You probably also know that you should place a new home construction project in experienced, trusted and skilled hands so that it is conducted seamlessly and completed in an expeditious manner. In the end, you want to regard your new home construction project as a culmination of a dream – your personal triumph.
After many northern California residents interview several companies and “drill down” to what they can offer, they tell us that The Hignell Companies stands head and shoulders above the rest for three principal reasons:
- Our longevity, since Hignell has been building homes (as well as apartment buildings and commercial complexes) in northern California since 1948
- Our equally long history of customer satisfaction, as evidenced by the hundreds of people who have touted Hignell's professionalism and unparalleled commitment to quality
- Our experienced and talented team of tradesmen – carpenters, licensed electricians and plumbers, heating and air conditioning experts and painters – all of whom work directly for Hignell and are supervised by a Hignell project manager
Leave Home Construction Horror Stories to the Big Screen
This last point is especially important because many homeowners sign a contract with a new home construction company with the expectation that all the work will be performed by that company. In fact, construction companies often act as general contractors (with supervisory discretion) and then subcontract the hands-on work to other companies – electric, plumbing, HVAC companies, etc. This is precisely the pivot point at which many common horror stories often erupt, including:
- Contractors who (for one reason or excuse or another) fail to show up on a construction job
- Contractors who leave a job early
- Contractors who leave a job at inopportune times
- Contractors who do shoddy work
We could go on, but you get the idea. All of these scenarios jeopardize a project's timely completion because as you may already know, a new home is constructed in a methodical, step-by-step manner. A framer, for example, must complete his work before an electrician can follow; a drywall expert must finesse his work before a painter can follow.
While subcontractors often (but not always) work under a contract with a general contractor, they don't always register the same commitment to fulfilling the terms as they would if they were laboring under an employee relationship, as they do at Hignell.
General contractors aren't blameless for the lack of quality control in the horror story scenarios, either. They often fail to effectively vet subcontractors, and the ones who do often complain that they are at the “mercy” of subcontractors' schedules. In other words, if a decent plumber is available, they will pencil him in; if he's not, they often work down a call list and steadily sacrifice quality work with every step down the list.
Hignell Offers Peace of Mind In New Home Construction
By contrast, the Hignell new home construction process teems with quality control, right from the start: when you sign a contract with Hignell, you are assigned a project manager – a general contractor, for all intents and purposes. A project manager plans, directs, coordinates, budgets and supervises the construction process from the conceptual stage until the very last coat of varnish dries and the last pile of dust is spirited away.
A Project Manager at Your Side
The essential difference is that a Hignell project manager supervises the entire construction crew – all of whom work directly for Hignell and who are expected to conform to Hignell's high building standards. This is why they're part of the Hignell team in the first place.
A project manager stays at your side throughout your new home construction project, ensuring that it is done right, on time and on budget – providing you with untold peace of mind. They are committed to:
- Making sure you clearly understand the scope of your construction project
- Communicating with your regularly
- Providing you clear and accurate cost estimates, budgets and work timetables
- Complying with legal requirements, building and safety codes and other regulations
When you're ready to embark on your journey of a lifetime – and want to place it in the hands of the most experienced, trusted and skilled hands in northern California – contact The Hignell Companies to experience the Hignell difference.