8 Signs Your Plumbing in Chico May Soon Need Repairs
[fa icon="calendar"] December 20, 2013 / by Home Services Expert
Over time things begin to break down. Your plumbing in Chico is no different than most other things. Normal wear and tear and the occasional emergency will eventually cause your plumbing system to get stressed and be in need of repair. Generally, you will have some warnings that your plumbing may need to be repaired.
Plumbing in Chico - Know some of the warning signs
As a homeowner it will do you good to know some of the signs that show your plumbing will soon need repairs. Knowing these indicators may allow you to catch problems before they become disasters and cost you thousands of dollars. Here are a few things to look for:
- Higher water bills - If you have not made any big changes in your water usage and your bill spikes that is a pretty good indication that you have an issue somewhere. Many leaks, even significant ones, occur in walls and other areas where you don't have good access. You may not even notice the leak.
- Water pressure drop - Water pressure may drop in your home unexpectedly. If this is not an area-wide issue, and only specific to your plumbing in Chico, you need to look into the cause of this. It might just be an issue in one part of your home if the drop occurs only in a small part of your home. If the problem occurs throughout your home you can have an issue at your water main.
- Water heater not reliable - If the hot water in your home is not reliable then you have to look into what is causing the issue. There could be sediment in the heater or in your water lines, or both. Your water heater could be undersized also.
- Extra green grass - There may be a section of your grass that grows faster, greener and lusher than the rest of the lawn. This could be an indication of a leak in a sewer line. There might be a peculiar odor in the area also.
- Stains and damp areas on ceilings and walls - This issue could be a leak in the roof or exterior walls in your home or it could be an issue with your plumbing in Chico. Don't just wipe the water away and forget about it. Since the leak is out of sight if could be a bigger issue than you think.
- Uneven water levels in toilets - This issue usually indicates a problem in a sewer line. The line could be broken or trees roots may have grown inside of it. If left alone this issue could grow to affect your basement and your home's foundation.
- Leaks get worse - You might tend to overlook a small leak. But leaks usually get worse over time. This could lead to huge repair bills and early plumbing replacement.
- Cracks only lead to more and bigger cracks - At times you might find a little crack in your plumbing system. While this may not be an issue at the time it generally gets worse as time wears on. Cracks will lead to more and bigger cracks. Your problem won't get smaller; it will only get bigger.
Catch plumbing issues early
Don't let your plumbing in Chico get you down. Know the early signs that there could be trouble with your system. It could mean the difference between a very minor or major plumbing repair.
The warning signs listed above are a few things that could indicate your plumbing needs repair. Keep an eye out for these and hopefully head off larger plumbing issues at a later date. Don't hesitate to call a Chico plumber if you have any doubts about your system.
7 Tips for Hiring a Plumber in Chico
How to Make Sure Your Plumbing in Chico is Ready for Winter