For a room you zip into and out of at least several times a day, your bathroom should be a place you enjoy being in, too.
But maybe the fixtures are old and showing signs of wear. Maybe you can't move around as comfortably as you'd like. And you know that when the time is right, you definitely would choose a different paint color for the walls.
Maybe the time is right for a bathroom remodeling project, but you need a few nudges to assure you that the project is worth your time, effort and expense.
Let the home remodeling team at Experts In Your Home present some of the benefits that our customers regale us with after their bathroom remodeling project is complete. In general, these benefits fall under two categories: quality of life benefits and financial benefits.
Quality of Life Benefits of Bathroom Remodeling
- Improve or correct faulty features. From cracked floor tiles to a toilet that runs constantly, bathrooms get so much use that it's only a matter of time before the faults add up and a remodeling project makes good sense.
- Add modern or more luxurious features. So many smart, clever and efficient innovations have been made with regard to sinks, toilets and lighting that a bathroom remodeling project often makes homeowners wonder why they waited so long to start one. If you think your bathroom is too small to accommodate the features you'd like, let the experienced remodeling team at Experts In Your Home show you the options.
- Add more space. A common mistake many homeowners make is assuming they're limited only to the space they already have (or see) in a bathroom. Our remodeling pros embrace a challenge and can show you how to change the configuration of a bathroom to open it up as well as how to add more shelving, cabinet storage and wall storage.
- Create a spa-like retreat. If our team had a dollar for every time they heard a customer say that he or she is tired of spending money on “spa days” or wish he or she could replicate the soothing luxury they found at a vacation retreat, our team could buy a Jacuzzi. It's one of many features – such as rainfall-style shower heads and built-in music systems – that can help transform your bathroom into a place you long to escape to instead of try to escape
Financial Benefits of Bathroom Remodeling
- Return on your investment. Tread carefully with this issue, and be skeptical of people who say that an updated bathroom will “automatically” add thousands of dollars in value to your home. So much depends on the work you do, and there is no such thing as getting back, dollar for dollar, what you put into any remodeling project. Financial experts say that bathroom remodeling yields about a 62 percent return on investment (in third place, behind attic bedroom and kitchen remodeling).
- Enhanced appeal to homebuyers. Those same financial experts say that updated bathrooms hold strong appeal to potential homebuyers – an incentive if you're considering selling your home.
- Greater efficiency, especially through the addition of energy-efficient, water-reliant fixtures (toilets, faucets and showers) and lighting. It's worth taking some time to peruse the S. Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy websites to see how such additions can add up to monthly water and electric savings.
>>Contact Our Chico Bathroom Remodeling Experts Today
If you're tired of making excuses for your bathroom – along the lines of, “It was like this when we bought the house” – it might well be time to consider a bathroom remodeling project. At the least, let the Chico bathroom remodeling team at Experts In Your Home show you the many options that await you, based on their years of experience with remodeling bathrooms small to large. For a room you zip into and out of at least several times a day, your bathroom should be a place you enjoy being in – and can boast about, too.
Experts In Your Home has been serving the North State’s construction, remodeling and maintenance needs for over 30 years and provides home painting, heating & air conditioning, plumbing, electrical services & more for your home or business in the communities of Chico, Paradise, Magalia, Durham, Oroville, Red Bluff, Corning & Orland, California.