We call ourselves Experts In Your Home because we want to provide quality service to the residents who live in our properties, as well as the homeowners and businesses we serve. As part of the California drought response plan, this means taking active efforts to conserve water and encouraging you to do the same. We want to make sure you’re aware of the water conservation requirements.
Below we’ve included information about the prohibited uses of water so you can not only do your part, but also steer clear of any negative consequences.
Posted by: Cal Water
Prohibited Uses of Water
Pursuant to a resolution adopted by the California Public Utilities Commission on April 9 and the State Water Resources Control Board in March, Cal Water wants to ensure our customers are aware of the following prohibited uses of water:
- Applying water to outdoor landscapes that causes runoff onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots, or structures
- Using a hose to wash motor vehicles unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle or device that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use
- Applying water to driveways and sidewalks
- Using water in a fountain or other decorative water feature, except where the water is part of a recirculating system
- Applying water to outdoor landscapes during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall
- Using potable water to irrigate outside of new construction without drip or microspray systems
- Using potable water on street medians
- Filling or refilling ornamental lakes or ponds except to sustain existing aquatic life
Additional Water Use Restrictions
- Customers must fix leaks within their control within five business days of notification
- Hotel/motel operators must provide option to not have towels or linens laundered daily during a guest’s stay, and must provide clear notice of this option in easy-to-understand language
- Restaurants and other eating and drinking establishments may only serve drinking water upon request (If you are a restaurant operator and would like table tents to explain this restriction, please contact Cal Water’s Conservation Department.)
[Continue to original article]
We hope this information is helpful as we all work together to conserve water in response to the drought we’re experiencing. If you happen to see someone wasting water, you can report it by filling out a Water Waste Report.
To learn more easy ways you can help conserve water, check out the blog article: “Water Saving Tips from Experts In Your Home to Start at Home Today!”
If you need a drippy faucet fixed, or any other kind of home maintenance service, contact Experts In Your Home.
Experts In Your Home has been serving the North State’s construction, remodeling and maintenance needs for over 30 years and provides home painting, heating & air conditioning, plumbing, electrical services & more for your home or business in the communities of Chico, Paradise, Magalia, Durham, Oroville, Red Bluff, Corning & Orland, California.